Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What am I most thankful for?

Random middle-of-the-night thoughts bring me to this revelation...when was the last time I really thanked God for my many blessings? Yeah, I find some time to pray during my busy days and night, but not nearly enough. The Bible says we are to "pray continuously" and I must admit that I often "pray conveniently". So, as I sit here at 3am (yes, I'm at work), here's my list of my most precious blessings...some serious and some not-so serious :-)



Most importantly:



  • My wonderful husband, who would walk through fire for me and our son.

  • My son, his excellent health and budding personality, with all the challenges that brings.

  • My salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ

  • My family: wonderful parents, brother, aunts, uncles, in-laws, extended family, etc.

  • The roof over my head and the food on our table

  • Our Sunday School class family

  • My closest and best friends who've always been there for me and still are (you know who you are)


The not-so-important (but I wouldn't want to do without):




  • Jeans and T-shirts (I don't do ironing or dry cleaning if I can help it)

  • Cereal, especially as a late night snack

  • Tivo (guilty)

  • Grilled cheese sandwiches

  • Flip flops

  • Sunscreen (I'm a natural blonde)
  • Sound machine that keeps Nicklas asleep to ocean waves (trust me it works)





No comments: