Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter! He is Risen!




Yesterday I managed to get myself and Nicklas ready early enough to make it to the Easter service (or most of it) and Sunday school. Afterwards we went to Nana and Papa's for lunch and for Nicklas, a much needed nap. I couldn't get the squirmer to sit still for pictures on the floor, so I managed to get a good one once I got him in his carseat.

Here he is trying to get the camera from me instead of letting me take his picture.

A bunch of his friends from our Sunday school class...trust me, this isn't enough half the number of babies we have at the moment. Most folks were out of town visiting family. In the green dress is Sadie Clair, Addision in the pink, and Corbin in the dark blue slacks.

All the babies going to a set of keys on the floor...Rusty tried to have a race with Nicklas and his grandson Corbin. I must say that Nicklas won by a landslide!


Addison


Sadie Clair


What a ham! I got this picture right after I found him chewing on a metal folding chair.

So many people asked me if I made him an Easter basket or took him Easter egg hunting, and I sheepishly told them no, amongst gasps of disbelief. Here's my defense...first of all, he's eight months old (as of Easter Sunday). He's not going to understand what an Easter basket, Easter eggs or the Easter bunny is. He'd just as soon chew on the remote control. Second, though making the child an Easter basket is fun, it's more fun for the parents than the child, who really only wants the candy (which he's too young for). And most importantly, the most important thing about Easter is the resurrection of our living Saviour, Jesus Christ. I'd like to think that I will do something special for Easter in the future; however, I'd like our primary focus to be on the true meaning of Easter first of all, avoiding the Easter bunny if at all possible.
Don't feel too bad for the kid. Nana made him an Easter basket, filled mostly with bath toys, teethers, and baby food. It was very nice of her to do.


No comments: