Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sick Babies and Sick Daddies

Trying to sit up by himself...I think he fell over right after I snapped this picture

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile! Nicklas has been sick with an awful cold/cough for the last five days, while Robert has been sick with the same thing for a week. Plus, Robert also went to Savannah for the Georgia Music Educators' Convention this past week, leaving me home with a very snotty boy. I hate it when he feels bad, because it makes me feel horrible knowing there's nothing I can do for him. Viruses stink! Here's a rare happy face that I haven't seen much of lately...


Last week we started back in our new semester of Kindermusik. Nicklas has a lot of fun at these classes, but its murder trying to get him there and have him napped, fed, etc etc. There's just no good time of the morning for me to try and take him anywhere. I know it won't always be like this, but after sitting him out of church for three weeks and missing my Thursday morning Bible study, my life is starting to feel like a hopeless void of begging him to nap and begging him to eat! Does anyone else feel this way? I constantly feel like I'm doing everything totally wrong and I'll never have fun anywhere ever again. My meal times are a rushed 5 minutes of shoveling food in my mouth so I can get him to stop crying or take him home from wherever we are at the time and he's having a meltdown. Sorry to vent, I guess I just feel kind of alone.




Anyway, here's Nicklas at Kindermusik. He really likes playing with the scarves. He's one of only two boys out of a class of nine or ten children, but he's not the youngest anymore! There's one baby now who's birthday is two weeks after his. I like to watch the other children and see what developmental milestones we have to look forward to in the coming months. We're doing our best to get him to crawl, but he's just content to wait for us to hand him the toy he wants (or whine until he gets it!)


No comments: