Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Four (Almost Five) Month Checkup



Yesderday I took Nicklas to his four month well-baby appointment. I know he'll be five months on Monday, but due to insurance and scheduling conflicts, this is the first appointment I could get. He now weighs 15 lbs 11 oz and is 25 1/2 inches long! My how we've grown! He's in the 75th percentile for height, weight and head circumfrence. Which is good, so we don't have a long, skinny kid with a giant head or something like that...at least he's even all over!


Dr. Hogan (those are her hands above) was impressed with all his milestones and tells me he's developing normally (which I pretty much already knew). She also says its OK that Nicklas sleeps on his stomach, since he can now roll over without difficulty. SIDS is not much of a problem once babies can roll over, she says. Sleeping on his stomach can also help with the discomfort of reflux, which Nicklas is still on medicine for. I can tell a difference on the days where I miss a dose, he's so uncomfortable! He might also have a tooth or two erupting soon, because he chews on EVERYTHING and his gums are rigid (according to the Dr.)



His ears were clear and there is no sign of RSV! Yeah! (We had a small infection just before Christmas. It was not fun...)



Here's my baby right before he got his vaccines....I decided not the be the most insensitive Mom ever and take his picture when he got his shot. Although, he did extremely well this time and only cried for a minute or two. My boy's growing up! (Sniff...)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: