Sunday, January 4, 2009

I hate Sundays...

Well, that sounds a little harsh...let's just say the Sundays are hard for us. And hard on Nicklas, since he doesn't get to sleep well in the nursery. It's not for lack of trying on the part of the nursery workers, but with other crying babies and people talking he just can't settle down. And when he can't settle down for his first nap, then second nap is even harder and third nap...well, we're just hoping for a third nap! Most Sundays he just screams for a better part of the afternoon. He's just overtired from lack of sleep, but what can I do? It would be easy to send one of us to church every Sunday so the other could stay home for his nap, but I don't want to go to church without Robert or miss everyone every other week. He just has a very limited time span where he's happy (about a 90 minute period after eating) before he needs another nap. He's grown less and less portable now, since he's so interested in his surroundings and will no longer sleep in his stroller while I'm out running errands (or at the mall or anywhere)! I'm hoping this is just a phase and he will grow into longer periods of wakefulness so I can take him places again. It just feels awful to try and take him out and have to leave a restaurant or store because he's inconsolable and won't settle. And I feel guilty then for dragging him out when I knew better! God has really blessed me with parents who are close by and are willing to take him when I need a break! Robert and I went to dinner Friday night while Nicklas spent the night with Nana...it was a very nice break, although all we did was talk about him during dinner!

I know it sounds like I'm complaining (alot). But God has also blessed me with a healthy, happy (usually) baby boy who loves his mommy very very much! Robert and I are so thankful everyday for that, especially with all the things that can go wrong. Tomorrow we have our four month check up with Dr. Hogan, even though he will be five months old in a week. (Its the first appt I could get!)
More news tomorrow after we get our next round of vaccines...yeah!

Here's some great pictures for all to enjoy!


Everything goes in my mouth!



Sitting down to a family meal...mmmm, spaghetti!


Again, in the mouth! So what else is new??


Sierra misses being our center of attention!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: