Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Kindermusik!

I took Nicklas to his second Kindermusik class today. Mom (who used to be a Kindermusik educator) came with me and took lots of photos. The class encourages moms and dads to use music to stimulate baby's mental and physical growth, as well as bonding techniques and other activities. I have to admit, I thought it all sounded like nonsense, and I do feel a little silly sometimes, but Nicklas really seems to enjoy himself. He's fascinated by all the sounds of the other kids (this class is birth through like 18 months) and the musical instruments and motions. Robert and I both feel very strongly that music should be a big part of his life, and this is a good way to start him out.



He likes the part with the scarves...


Soothing touch time








3 comments:

Melissa said...

Jonas and I cracked up over the picture of him with the beach ball that your mom sent me via email. The look on his face was priceless. I'm excited about starting it with Luke too!

AHHHH I can't believe we're in the home stretch! less than 2 weeks until my due date :)

Sue said...

that beach ball pic was priceless!

Sue said...

for more info on Kindermusik, check out Kindermusik.com. there's a wealth of info on the benefits and where classes are available. It's supposed to be the single best thing you can do for your child's development...And it's just fun...