Friday, September 12, 2008

One Month Old!

Our first trip to church (2 weeks ago).

I'm just happy to be here!
Somebody hates baths, but sleeps well afterwards!

Today we had our one month check up with Dr. Hogan. Luckily, no shots today (I'm dreading the first immunizations, just because I know he's not going to be happy...good thing he won't remember!) Nicklas weighs 9 pounds and 9 oz. and is now 20 1/4 inches long. He's definitely growing more rounder than taller! He was so good at the office, just as awake and alert as I've ever seen him. He's getting to where he tries so focus on bright colors and things that light up. I've almost got him to focus on our faces, he's still working on it. He can pretty much hold his head up when upright, and lift a little bit when laying on his tummy. The funniest thing is his legs are so strong, he'll kick and crawl up your front while your holding him!

We're definitely sleeping better at night. We've discovered the wonder that is the sound machine, which makes rain or ocean or womb noises (like a heartbeat under water) and it just lulls him to sleep (most of the time). It's made the difference between putting him in his crib and he screams for an hour to putting him down and he whimpers for 15 minutes then falls asleep. And anytime he's sleeping for 3-4 hours in a row is heaven...who would like I'd be grateful for 4 hours of sleep! Funny how things change...I can't wait until he's sleeping through the night. I'm sure it will freak me out, I'm so used to listening for the crying that I barely sleep anyways.

We're going to Atlanta tomorrow to meet some friends of mine from Radiography school and go to Ikea to look at entertainment centers...we might be getting a new TV! (actually, it's a hand-me-down from the parents, but who's complaining?)

2 comments:

Rae said...

Hey, I forgot y'all had a blog! Y'all go to Dr. Hogan, too? How do you like her? She's Sadie Claire's doctor, too. Not that there's a ton of choices in Winder, I guess...

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous I didn't get to see Nicklas with Jonas today. I'm a workin' woman until Luke decides to have his birthday.

Thanks for posting the picture of Nicklas in the tie onesie! So cute!