Friday, August 15, 2008



We made it! Nicklas William Turner arrived on 8/12/08 at 11:31 pm. He weighed 7 lbs 11 oz and was 20 inches long. We're doing OK, still trying to figure out breastfeeding, sleeping, etc. I know everyone says giving birth is hard, but taking care of this little guy has been the hardest thing for me. Nothing is coming naturally! (Or that's how it feels). Hopefully we'll make it through these first weeks in one piece. I don't think I'm handling things well, but Robert is being a big, big support and we're working on stuff together. I'm very grateful that he has 2 weeks off from work to help me out. Here's some of our favorite pictures...


1 comment:

Rae said...

I definitely agree with you about the postpartum time being harder than labor. Maybe it's just because I had a super easy & fast labor, but the few weeks after worked better than any birth control I know of. I am just now considering having more kids in the future. Ha!