Monday, August 18, 2008

And then there were three...


Nicklas is almost a week old! I can't believe it! He's become a semi-pro at breast feeding, if only we didn't have to do it every other hour...sometimes more. Right now he's crying (again) and probably hungry, and we only just ate 90 minutes ago!

We've been so blessed to have my mom and dad right down the road to help out with everything. My mom's been great, from taking care of the baby so I can NAP! to fixing us food and even taking out our garbage. Jonas and Melissa flew down this weekend to meet Nicklas (thank goodness for frequent flyer miles). I have video of them with Nicklas, I should figure out how to post that sometime in the future.


Who knew a baby could go through so many diapers! Good thing we have to many that people gave us. I thought we'd never need all of them, but it looks like we're going to. I'm still trying to figure out how to put them on so that they don't leak, what's the point of a diaper that leaks?

Maybe it's just me...I'll chalk it up to inexperience.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

um, at risk of being crude, you should point things downward when you put the diaper on :). glad to hear nicklas is getting the hang of things (and mommy and daddy are too!). love you, call me....

Rae said...

what brand of diapers do you use? we went through a few before we figured out that huggies is the only that won't leak. of course, this is an older post so I'm sure things have evened out now. It just sucks when they're in that in-between size. Sadie Claire is too big for a 2, but a little too small for a 3. So either her little butt cheeks fall out of a 2, or she gets a little swallowed in a 3.