Monday, July 21, 2008

WCHS Class of '98!!

So this past weekend, Robert and I made the five hour drive to Waycross, GA for Robert's 10-year class reunion. I was given the OK by my OB to travel that far from home...but I did keep my fingers crossed all weekend that there would be no water breaking, funny feelings, etc. We were able to meet up with a few old friends of Robert's, including Greta Lowry Thomas (who came to our wedding) and James Character. We were very sad that more people did not come, especially those who still live in Waycross! Rod, the class president who organized everything, was very enthusiatic but because of budget limitations, had to restrict the reunion to dinner at a seafood restaurant on Friday and a cookout on Saturday.



Robert and Greta


Class President, Rod


James Character

The cookout on Saturday was fine, except that it was about 98 degrees...100% humidity...and me, 8 months pregnant. And oh, the gnats, the gnats were everywhere! The food was definetly worth the wait (more food than was necessary for the amount of people who showed) but I wouldn't do it again. We got to catch up with Robert's friend Tray Brantley and his wife Valerie, who drove all the way down from Ringgold, GA for the reunion. They, too, were disappointed at the amount of participation.

Instead of going to the party planned for Saturday night (at someone's house we did not know) we went to see "The Dark Knight" instead...awesome movie!! However, the movie theater's A/C was not working properly, so we were hot and sweaty yet again. At least the movie was worth it! Heath Ledger was such an awesome Joker that I had nightmares about him all night!



Now that Robert is done with his Master's degree, we have more time to spend at home with each other before I go to work. We are planning on enjoying this free time before our baby boy arrives any week now. Tomorrow we will have an ultrasound of the baby to check his size, amniotic fluids levels and blood supply. Hopefully, everything will come back normally, but if not, we might be looking at having to induce labor around 38 weeks! Good grief, that's the week after next! Are we ready for this??

More updates after our appointment tomorrow...

2 comments:

Randy and Sue said...

I am really glad you started the blog. You'll have fun and you are good at it.

Sue said...

Randy and Sue means just Randy...
Sue is just me!
I'm glad you're doing this...it's fun to read, even if we are here in town with you...

Can I go with you tomorrow?