Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today's appointment

I went in for my 36 week appointment today and had an ultrasound. The tech at the office, Alli, had a student with her and asked if I didn't mind letting her scan me. Of course I didn't, because I know all about being a student in healthcare and needed to get all your requirements in. However, she did have a tough time with the scan (my baby is not cooperative) so Alli had to step in.

Everything looks really good. His weight is estimated at around 6 lbs 7 oz right now (give or take a few oz either way). Babies generally gain about 1/2 lb a week at this stage of pregnancy, so if I make it to 40 weeks, we're looking at around 8 lbs or so. I was so worried that he would be a 10 lb baby like his daddy (Robert was 10 lbs, 11 oz), so now I feel much, much better. His O2 and fluid levels looked great, so there's no talk of needed to induce early. Yeah! We got to watch him taking "practice breaths" and moving around alot, but we didn't get any pictures of his face. He's so far down in the vertex (head down) position that they couldn't get around my pelvis to see his cute little face... oh well, so no new pictures to post today...

Now if this little man would just come out all on his own, I'm ready anytime. My hospital bag is packed and waiting...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Jen I love your blog! Jonas and I are sooo excited about baby Turner. I can't believe he will be here so soon. I am so glad he is healthy and everything is well!

Love you!