Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So much to do....

First of all, happy early birthday to my baby boy tomorrow! I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. Last Saturday we had N's first birthday party with all his grandparents and great grandmother and great Aunt Alice, as well as a few close friends of mine invited over for cake and ice cream. I will post pictures and cute video tonight after work, so stay tuned. I can't believe what a mess he made in his cake. Granted, it was a pretty big smash cake, much bigger than I anticipated. I also didn't anticipate him flinging his cake-covered hands and throwing cake everywhere! On the walls, the table, the microwave, the floor etc etc were covered in blue and yellow icing. At least he had fun with it, even if he did more flinging than eating. He also said his first words! Right in the middle of his first birthday party! I know, I know, it might not sound like much, but you can make it out in the video I'll post later. Listen closely...

Next, Robert has started his new job this week with Greater Atlanta Christian School, which means N has started school as well. Our school, we like to call it, is his new in-home sitter's house. Without going into grand detail, we've found a couple who care for and educate kids infant-early preschool age in their home and have agreed to keep N two days a week while I'm working and Mom's teaching piano lessons. The other two days he'll stay with Nana and my off day (Thursday) he's with me. Yesterday was his first day of school and he did very well. He didn't want to let go of me when I dropped him off, and cried a little before I could get out the door. I almost cried myself when I got in the car. But she easily distracted him with a book and he was totally fine. This morning he still didn't want to let go of my shirt, but did not cry at all when I left. Pretty soon he'll be excited to go there ( I hope) and will probably one day ask to stay with her instead of me ( I hope not). But all that remains to be seen...

N is walking so well, he takes more and more steps in a row every day. I still have yet to get it on video, but I am working on it. As he grows I find more and more moments I want to remember just slipping by us. His baby book remains only half finished. Who has the time for all this?

No comments: