Sunday, August 2, 2009


Better late than never...

I'm refering to my lack of posting lately, since Nicklas is already walking, even before his first birthday! I've been waiting to post since I've had several unsuccessful attempts to capture this on video. I'll post it as soon as I get it. I saw his take his first steps one morning just over a week ago, and since then he just gets braver and braver. It's funny how now he doesn't want me to hold him because he's eager to get down on his own two feet! (More power to ya, kiddo, you're heavy).




He's so proud of himself. My heart bursts with mixture of joy and a little bittersweetness (is that a word?) since it just makes me think about how fast he's growing. But I'm not in a hurry for another, I'm just getting used to N being able to do things for himself!



At the pool this weekend, with Nana


Next Saturday is our first birthday party. What I swore would only be a small gathering of family to eat cake has quickly developed into a much bigger monster than I anticipated. I'm touched that so many friends and family want to share this special day with us. I'll have to reorder my cake for several more...

Big boys drink milk...from a cup!
Yes, we've dropped most of our bottles, he now only has one in the morning.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Love the new blog name! I think I've already told you this, but I'm going through my entire list of followers...

I wanted to take a second to stop by and let you know that I have changed my blog's URL. I know you're a follower :), and I wanted to make sure to let you know that if you want to continue to keep us with us, you'll need to come to my new spot (just go through my profile), and click "follow" again. Thank you - Blessings to you! :)