Saturday, March 21, 2009

Our Six (but really Seven) Month Check-Up


We went yesterday for our six-month check up and vaccines, even though the baby is getting close to seven and a half months now. Nicklas now weighs a healthy 17 lbs and 15 ozs...I could have sworn it was more! He's 26.75 inches long and in the 50th percentile for height and weight. He has two teeth in the bottom front and a healthy appetite for solid foods. His favorites are sweet potatoes (that I make myself) and peas. He's kind of losing interest in the breastfeeding (well, bottle feeding, too) because it requires that he sit still for an extended period of time. It's hard to nurse an 18 pound squirmy baby when all he wants to do is play! The only time he really wants me is in the middle of the night when he wakes up hungry (about once every two or three nights). I asked Dr. Hogan if I was doing him wrong by always feeding him at night, but she said that since he's mainly BF that he might really be hungry at 2AM. I just don't want to spoil him, but we're talking about screaming for hours if I don't feed him versus going right back to sleep in 30 minutes if I do. See what I mean? I don't mind doing it...
I've been getting a lot of work lately, so Nicklas has been spending alot of time with Nana and Robert. It's a blessing really, but I sure do miss him when I'm at work all night and he's asleep when I get home. We've settled into a good routine of naps and bedtimes, finally. And this summer, I'll be filling in full-time for a few months while one of my coworkers is on maternity leave, so Robert will be a stay-at-home dad during much of his summer break. Ha!

No comments: