Friday, October 3, 2008

Who's got colic??/We slept through the night!



This post has both good and bad points to it. Last night Nicklas slept from 9 pm to 5 am without getting up once! We usually have to wake up around 2 or 3 for a feeding, but he totally missed it...I, however, was up by 3:30 listening for the monitor and wondering why he wasn't crying yet! All you breastfeeding mothers will know, when you go over 8 hours without feeding them, I was really ready for him to wake up! Maybe tonight will be just as good; he's been sleeping most of the day (despite my best efforts to keep him awake) so he may not want to go to sleep tonight at all...




On the flip side, its pretty clear that Nicklas has colic. He's very gassy and unhappy, mostly in the evenings. He usually fusses from about the time Robert gets home from work until we put him to bed around 9 or 9:30. It's 8pm right now and the only thing I could find to calm him down was to strap him in his stroller and push him around the house...he's still sitting in it, watching me type as I push him back and forth with my foot. When you're desperate, you're desperate... He's a very pleasant baby during the day, he's starting cooing and smiling and all these cute things, I just feel so bad because Robert misses so much of it while he's at work. I know he thinks that Nicklas is just the fussiest baby, but he's really not, only at night. (Well, except for today, if he wasn't asleep he was crying...and I've been alone all day. Yuck.)




My parents left today to go to Niagra Falls for their anniversary. I'm so jealous! Next weekend, my brother and his wife are coming down from Wake Forest for the long weekend. Melissa is having a baby shower here in Winder on Sunday afternoon, which I'm very excited about...then my in-laws are also coming to visit and see Nicklas next weekend. Talk about a busy couple of days! I'm excited because my days have gotten so monotonous I'm ready for something different. I will be going back to work next week (or as soon as I pick up a shift at either of my jobs). Since I work PRN, I can work whatever days I need to , so I'll be working Wed-Fridays and some weekends while my mom keeps the baby...isn't she great!




I'm trying to include some portraits we had made of Nicklas a few weeks ago. They were done by Jessie Murray, who came to our house and did the pictures in our own living room. She did a wonderful job, and if you would like to check out some of her work, go to http://www.morethanamemoryphoto.com/.

1 comment: