Monday, October 13, 2008

Two Months Old!


Ah, peace and quiet! I finally got Nicklas to go down for his afternoon nap...it's 5pm and he's been fighting it all afternoon. We tried walking in the stroller and vacuming the house (while holding the baby) and he's now asleep with his little head squished into the corner of the crib. He's still breathing, so I'm not moving him...
My chunky boy now weighs about 12 pounds, or so we estimated on Mom's scales this afternoon. We're going to his 2 month well baby check-up next Tuesday, where he gets his first set of vaccinations...I'm not looking forward to this. At least Robert's coming with me, so maybe he can help me out.
I went back to work for a day last week, on Thursday. It was my first day away from Nicklas for more than, say, three hours. They called that morning and asked if I would come in, and I almost said no, but Mom was available for the day and Robert insisted that I go. It was nice, having adult conversations all day and my patients no longer asking about the baby ( since I wasn't carrying him around with me anymore). You get tired of telling the same stories over and over again. But I missed Nicklas so much! I was almost afraid that I wouldn't miss him and then feel guilty about it...but I was so happy to see him when I got home and vice versa. I'm working another day this week, its kinda nice to go back into work slowly so we both can adjust.
Nicklas is sleeping through the night about every two or three nights now. From about 9 pm to 7 am or so. The other nights he gets up just once to feed and usually can go right back to sleep. I say usually b/c sometimes he gets up at four AM and wants to play when mom and dad want to sleep. I guess that's normal. He's still very fussy in the evenings, especially if he doesn't nap well during the day, but it's slowly getting better ( I think). Some days are awful and some days he's just totally happy. Are all babies like this? I wish things were more predictable, especially with me going back to work, but I think I'm just wanting things to happen too fast. Like I want him to start laughing and playing with toys, etc, and one day I'll be wishing for him to be little again.
We had a good weekend with family. My in-laws, including Robert's brother Russell came down for a few days and Robert's grandmother and aunt drove down from Ringgold for Nicklas's church dedication Sunday morning. Jonas and Melissa are here as well; she had a baby shower in Winder on Sunday afternoon. Nicklas was bored at the shower...he slept the whole time. That figures :-)

No comments: