Thursday, May 13, 2010

Joy, Part 2

I had a patient today who told me a story that made me cry (I didn't cry in front of her, I waited until I discharged her then I cried). When I asked her if she might be pregnant (which I ask everyone before I radiate them) she told me that she and her husband were trying to get pregnant. We chit chatted and she ends up telling me that she has one living child, and had one miscarriage and one stillbirth. Her still birth had been carried to full term and passed away due to a knot in the umbilical cord.

I ended up saying something to the effect of "let's not talk about anymore sad things" before I moved on with her exam. She stopped me and said "no, I don't feel sad. It's not a sad thing for me anymore. God has a plan for all babies and he had a plan for my son as well". Wow. We discussed our relationships with God a minute or two, and I was overcome with the joy she had and the peace she felt about her loss.

I have never had to go through the pain of losing a child, (thank God) but I'm close to a couple of people who have lost children. I don't know how anyone could get through that kind of pain without the support and love that comes from a relationship with Jesus Christ. This woman amazed me, not because she was telling me something that I didn't already know, but that she was actually living what she said. It's so rare today for Christians to do both the talk and the walk, it's why many people turn their backs on God. If you believe and have a relationship with Jesus Christ, pray daily for his will and then listen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
GenaroSil伊蘭 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QuinnJ怡潔 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.