Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun Fall Days of Festivals and Farms

Yesterday we took Nicklas to our church's fall festival, where we had jump-around blow-up things (not sure of their technical names), a chili-tasting event, car/tractor show and hayrides. N absolutely loved the bouncy things...and since we got there pretty early he got to play around safely before all the other (bigger) kids showed up. Robert climbed in and slid down the slide with N several times. There's one thing about having kids...you get to act like one again and nobody judges you.

Wheeeeeeeee! Do it again Daddy!


Now I want to go by myself!


Can you see me?



Trying to figure out the "jumping" thing....which was mostly a "falling down" thing.

Hey mom, watch this!

Getting ready for our first hayride of the day.

Going around the church grounds and around the lake.


N's first tractor experience...note Nana's arm in the background. The seat was very high up!


Don't worry, I'll drive.

My buddy the pumpkin.
After naptime we headed out to Washington Farms to see the farm animals, walk the cornmaze and pick out our pumpkins. (I know, busy day). Nicklas had so much fun with the animals, we had to literally tear him away from every enclosure so we could make it through everything in time to make it to dinner.


That donkey won't come over here...



.....there he is!!


Goats!


N loved to pet the rabbits, I think they were his favorite. He didn't want to leave when we moved to the next animals.



He actually tried to climb into this enclosure so he could touch the bunnies.


They had a giant box of dried corn, kind of like a sand box. N had a great time throwing corn all over and getting it stuck in his clothes, shoes, etc. I found more in his onesie when we got home.


Throwing corn. At least he didn't try to eat it!


Our second hayride of the day. This one took us out to the corn maze.


Which way to go?
They had clues along the way to help us out.


Corn is a lot taller up close than I thought it would be. They actually have this maze open after dark. I don't think you'd ever catch me in there after sundown. I was nervous enough as it was.


Watch out for the mud! We were all three covered by the time we got out of there (with some help from the farm staff. I got a little panicky).


Riding back to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins and head home.


We stopped at a local pizzaria to have dinner on the way home. All in all, it was a very long but very fun day!

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a fun day!

Jessi Roman said...

my goodness! he's so big! it looks like y'all had lots of fun! thanks for sharing this!