Thursday, July 2, 2009

Doctor's Visit

Nicklas had his latest well-baby visit with Dr. Hogan this week, as well as another vaccination shot. Gladly, it was only one this time and Robert said he only cried for a minute and then was totally fine. Robert had to take him to this visit by himself since I was at work; it's the first doctor's appointment that I've ever missed! I can't believe I couldn't go...but I sent my hubby with a list of questions to ask, of course. My control-freak side wouldn't relent...

Nicklas weighs 20 lbs, 12.5 ozs (25th percentile), is 29 inches long (50th percentile) and has a head circumference of 18.5 inches (80-90th percentile)! Poor baby, with that giant head it's no wonder he topples head first all the time! I'm surprised he doesn't weigh more than that, but from what I've read, most babies hit a peak in weight gain about this time and settle into a more long-term pattern of putting on pounds. He's just getting taller instead of wider, which is great! He's grown almost four inches since his last appointment in March.

I'll post some pictures later of our first experience with spaghetti....it is very picturesque!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I'm surprised he didn't weigh more. I could swear he was heavier!